Here’s a novel idea to weave into your resumes and letters: Add a few juicy quotes from your performance evaluations.
- Select 1-2 for each document.
- Trim the quote to its best part.
- Insert it into a sentence that includes a description of your personality, skills, or strengths.
- Don’t forget to weave in industry-specific key words!
Where do you put them?
- In your resume, these quotes are best inserted into your Career Summary.
- In your letters, either place these quotes near your letterhead or weave them into your bulleted statements or paragraphs.
Since you may not have seen this tip in action before, here are a few examples for you to take a look at:
Inserted in the resume’s Career Summary:
Recognized as someone whose “product knowledge and industry knowledge combined is almost unparalleled.”
Inserted in a cover letter as a bulleted statement:
Evaluated as someone whose “knowledge of the contracts process and organizational skills has helped turn a ‘weak link’ in the total process into a strength and reliable element within the total administrative structure.”
Evaluated as someone who, “consistently grew revenues each quarter and found innovative ways to achieve goals.“
Inserted in a cover letter just below the letterhead:
Lead by example to forge a team of talented, hard-working professionals and hold them accountable to make sound business decisions based on factual realities; invest in, listen to, and involve the company’s associates; and coach management staff to follow up and inspect assignments rather than assume compliance.