You can answer “yes” to these questions ONLY if your resume is already in great shape and simply needs a quick update with your latest achievements.
In other words, the time to get a resume update is when you DON”T yet need one. If you wait until you do, you’re already behind the eight ball.
Consider this fair warning that it’s time to avoid that eight ball and prepare your career for that next great gig. Take the resume you have now and update it with new details such as:
- Your contact info, current email address, and custom LinkedIn URL.
- Your up-to-the-moment career goals.
- Your freshest take on your career brand and Unique Value Proposition.
- Your most powerful tagline(s).
- Your most recent achievements.
- Any new educational credentials, affiliations, and thought leadership you can muster.
Top it off with a resume layout that grabs the reader’s attention and you’re ready.
If you’re an Executive Resume Rescue client, schedule your update before my September calendar fills. If you’re not yet a client, contact me for complimentary triage of your career situation. Stop putting it off and missing out on the opportunities are grabbing.